Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Snap...Shoot... EDIT!

So I have been thinking about my next video shoot with Irvin and I thought to myself, "How will I edit the video?". There are so many applications I have access to, so deciding the editing software will be semi-easy. Now the question is, "Which software should I choose?". To choose the software, I have decided to analyze some of the softwares at hand. 

DaVinci Resolve

From previous experiences, DaVinci Resolve provides so many features for users to use in the editing process. ACTUALLY, DaVinci provides TOO MANY features for a "noob"/ amateur (which is me) at film editing. I was really confused at understanding which features did what, so I am discouraged from using DaVinci as my film editing software. 


iMovie 

I have used iMovie to create multiple past montages and compilations, but I felt very limited using the software. I mainly used iMovie because it is free and was very accessible from my phone to my laptop. Although I have used this in the past, I want to use a better software (not DaVinci) to improve my editing skills. This has lead me to...

Premiere Pro 

My teacher said that the school provided Premiere Pro for free; sooooo I was curious and did some investigating. From first look, I can tell it is far better than iMovie. But the thing is, I have not used Premiere Pro to edit a video before. Although I have no experience in the software, videos and tutorials are provided to make a noob (me) feel welcomed to use and understand some of the features. I am committing to learn how to use Premiere Pro because of the many features provided. 

Decision?

If you had not guessed from before, I will use Premiere Pro to edit my shots. There are so many advantages Premiere has over iMovie so deciding the editing software was easy. By watching the tutorials, comprehending the features will be less difficult. 



Sources for Images:



No comments:

Post a Comment