Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Obstacles and Outline

 Update/Changes:

 I have decided to go with the drama film idea of the teenage character moving throughout their life. I am still unsure of whether the production of the film will come out as planned, but over the weekend I discussed my outline and obstacles of the film with my parents. 

Obstacles:

1. Finding Actors

In the production of the film, I originally planned to record because I believed that I would be able to accurately capture my ideas. The problem is: If I am the camera man, who will be the actor? Throughout this week, I will ask my friends to see if anyone would like to star in my film. Although this may seem like an easy task, I need to be able to find an appropriate actor who will be able to act out the scenes. Additionally, I will need to plan the filming of the film accordingly to their schedule because it will be a very time consuming process as there is multiple scenes to the project. 

2. Camera

Although I have an iPhone XS Max for the recording of the film, I may need to find a better quality camera to record the shots. To be able to fully express the emotions of the scenes in detail and portray the realism of the story, I need to be able to find a better camera for the film. I will test out recording on the iPhone camera throughout the week to see if the quality of the camera is clear enough for the intended shots. 

3. Shots

The recording of the film may be too shaken at times without proper equipment so I need to find a stand or device to keep the recording device still. For example, when traveling in the car, we may need to travel at slow speeds and use a device to make the camera become less shaky. I can ask my parents and family if they have such devices for the recording process. If they do not have one, then I will need to perform research for a product that will be bought for the filming. 

4. Mise-en-scene

To add to the realism of a moving family, I will need to gather boxes together to portray a "moving" family environment. Over the course of this week and next week, I will gather boxes together. Additionally, I will use one of my older backpacks for the character to carry when performing the airport scene of the opening. 

Outline + Visions

1. Shots of  objects inside of the car such as boxes, bags, and windows to convey the "moving" mise-en-scene
2. It will cut to a shot of the actor leaning against the window with decreased saturation. The actor will be in dark clothing(black, grey, whites) to portray the sad emotions
3. Cut to the actor sitting at the chair of the airport 
4. Shot of the plane 
5. The character will stand in front of his home while his parents bring boxes inside of the home. I am considering having the parents wear bright colors and the child wearing dark colors to represent the "disconnection" of the actor to his surroundings
6. The actor is in the restroom and a mirror shot with slow zoom in is used to show him looking at himself to fully express his inner conflict/ external conflict of moving
7. Title of film will be displayed

In the next few days, I will finalize the name of the character and create a more detailed outline. 

No comments:

Post a Comment