Thursday, March 31, 2022

Editing Day #2

Today was such a successful day. I had my scares and successes, but I finally finished my opening! I am actually so proud of how it came out . I also found out something new... Premiere Pro is 100x better than iMovie. Although I was struggling halfway throughout the process, I quickly got the hang of things by watching videos online. Let me take you throughout today's editing process. 

First Things First

I started off today's editing process by sending the music audio to my computer and implementing it into the project panel. The clips were then trimmed down to make the video under two minutes and some of the shots were muted so that the piano music could be loud. I also decided to add and remove some shots after I reviewed my other shots I had previously taken. Afterwards, I synced the first quarter of the film to the music because I believed it would look more refined. 

Picture of the editing process

My heart Shattered into a Million Pieces

When I was going to add text to one of the shots for the credits, I accidentally deleted the timeline. Since I am still a noob (beginner) at premiere pro, I was freaking out because the thought of losing hours worth of work is quite heartbreaking (if you ask me). Was I shouting? Maybe just a little. Was I crying? Absolutely not!! Thinking fast, I searched up a YouTube video and was taught that Adobe Premiere Pro has an autosave file somewhere on my computer. I found the file and to my luck, my project was perfectly fine. ** Gasp of relief**
The Auto-Save file

Onwards!

Continuing the editing process, I successfully added the credits to the first quarter of the film. Placing the cross dissolve feature at the end of the text, I utilized this feature to make the "credits" fade away if the shot was very long. Now it was time to get fancy. I grouped the shots together so it would be easier to add saturation and a slight tint of blue to the filter. Testing out the different color options, the shots were filtered to their liking. The shots of the children playing around on the swing were slowed down because it made the scene more dramatic. An eyeline match was paired with this scene to portray the character's feelings as they feel "alone" in their world. 

Eyeline match utilized

I also kept the audio of a few clips to add to the realism of the scene such as the car scene and bathroom scene, however, the goal was to represent the individual without any dialogue because the characters "silence",  further develops the emotional tone. Also, the piano music soundtrack was cut to a later portion in the musical piece because the upcoming portion would not have developed the emotional/sad tone I intended and would be out of place in the opening.
The red circle represents the portion of the piano piece that was cut and the audio above it represents some of the diegetic sound within the character's world


I am still really proud of the project and its outcome! Although I believe some of the scenes/camera angles could have been done better, the opening is almost exactly how I envisioned it inside of my head. Now it's time to move onto bigger and more complicated things... the CCR!

Research

Recovering Timeline: https://youtu.be/tma9Wdxc0_o


No comments:

Post a Comment