Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Things are starting to come together (Editing Day #1)

 Throughout the day, I worked on the editing process of the opening with some minor difficulties that I was able to overcome through the use of YOUTUBE. Since I wanted to have a black screen with text, for my production company, "Pinto Productions", I searched up how to do so on YouTube. Thanks to one of the thousands of tech YouTube channels on the platform, Adobe in Under a Minute solved my problem. I also decided to go with the "Didot font" for the font style as my font I intended to use did not appear on the font list. 


Afterwards, I sorted throughout my shots, choosing the best shots that suited the opening. The shots that were taken from an awkward angle or had better alternatives were deleted and replaced with the better shot.

Examples:

Shot one did not look "sad", so I decided to keep looking for a better shot

Shot 2 was taken from a awkward angle so I did not want to incorporate it into my opening

Shot 3 was chosen because it looked "sad" and had a close up that could be used in the opening. 



 I changed majority of the shots to a scale of 50.00 as anything higher would zoom in. I put the shots into the correct order to make the trimming down process as easy as possible. Additionally, the soundtrack for my opening is recorded on my phone so I will import the sound track into the tomorrow. This process went by very quickly and learning Premier Pro was challenging at first, however, I was able to quickly learn how to use the software. 


Tomorrow is a big day as it marks the beginning of the end for my film opening journey! I believe I will finish trimming down the shots, adding filters, and getting the right zoom for each shot tomorrow. Also, I will be syncing the soundtrack to the shots as best as I possibly can. Although the film opening will not come out as well as I pictured in my head, at least I know I tried as much as I can. This journey  has improved my film making skills soooo much. Talk to you soon blog... PEACE!


Research


No comments:

Post a Comment