Thursday, March 24, 2022

Film Day#3

No Perfect Day

Well… shooting todays shots were difficult. No, the difficult part was not taking the close ups of the box with “Irvin’s Memories”. The hard part was recording the high angle from the bed. To start off today’s production, I took shots of Irvin opening the box with his “memories of his friends”. We utilized the 10-pound weight and dropped the box in front of the camera. I thought this low angle shot came out very well. I then took mid-shots of the box from various angles to make watching the video more appealing to viewers. Over the shoulder shots and close ups were then utilized to depict Irvin looking at the memories of his past friends. 


  


After completing the shots of the box, we worked on the scene where Irvin is looking at the ceiling. I wanted to try to bring the camera from a close up to a long shot, but the possibility of that was very limited because my legs would be showing in the video. I also wanted to portray time from day to night but recording in the dark was very difficult due to poor lighting and camera quality. I decided to shoot a close up to a medium shot. In the editing process, I might put dark filters to depict the transition from day to night, but I am not confident in my editing skills.  

 



Although some of the shots were not very well, I believe we had a very productive day today. However, there were multiple problems I spotted after reviewing our shots.





No comments:

Post a Comment