Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Film Day #2

 My dad, Irvin, and I continued the production of the opening today. We decided to redo the close ups of Irvin in the car “looking” at the kids playing because he said he had bad acne in the shots I previously took. Irvin and I also worked on the bathroom scene where he reflected on his “inner emotions”.  

Starting on the Outside!

To create the “realistic” atmosphere of a moving family, my dad and I decided to get totes from the garage and put them inside the trunk of the Jeep. The totes were already filled with items, so the totes were very convenient for us to use. Additionally, we put our gym duffel bag in the back seat with Irvin because it would be perceived that the “family” has items in the duffel bag. The box with “Irvin’s Memories” was also put in the back seat because Irvin needed to carry the box inside the house.


     

 

Afterwards, I recorded my dad parking in front of my house. I’m unsure if I am going to put this shot into the final video because the angle was awkward. I then recorded Irvin carrying the box into the inside of the house.  

 

Next Destination... the Bathroom

Finally, we worked on the BATHROOOM scene. I decided to shoot a low angle, long shot of Irvin walking into the bathroom from a corner. I felt like this shot shows how he feels from an outside view which would be “rare” to see because the character hides his inner emotions from the outside world. I then decided to incorporate various close ups and mid shots of his face/body and “reflection”. The close ups would be able to convey his sad emotions while also allowing the audience to be taken into a closer look into his mind. 

 



Overall, today was a very productive day and we accomplished a ton of progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment