Friday, March 4, 2022

Revised Outline

After my meeting with my teacher on Monday, she gave me very helpful feedback and advice for my project. Instead of including a shot of the protagonist sitting at the airport and a shot of the airplane, she recommended that I should use a shot of the pickup terminals. I decided to replace my ideas with the terminal shot because I also felt that the pictures of the airplane and airport were unnecessary to represent the character entering the car. I will use an extreme wide shot of the character standing in the terminal/pick up to convey the overwhelming and chaotic emotions the character is facing. She also gave me advice that my story did not really represent the sadness of the character and only narrated the character moving to a new house. Instead of including the house shot of the character and his parents outside the house, I will integrate more close up and medium shots to capture the characters emotions more. From my research, I have concluded that I will also need to use a blue filter or a more desaturated color of the film to make the shots more grey and sad. 

Outline:

1. Extreme long shot of protagonist standing in the pickup terminal at the airport. Character is centered on the screen while people walk past them. 
2. Cut to car and close ups of bags, boxes, and other mise en scene with credits playing in the middle of the screen
3.Pedestal shot of protagonist as they look out the window. 
4. An over the shoulder shot of the protagonist looking out the window will be used emphasizing the outside surroundings, but then refocuses on a reflection of the character's face. 
5. Close up of a side view of the protagonist
6. Long shot of the house
7. Medium shot of the character looking at himself in the mirror from a side view then they place their hands on the mirror and move closer 
8. Extreme close up of the characters face from a front view 
9. POV of character looking at his bedroom
10. Shot counter shot of character looking at box in corner of his room 
11. Medium shot of character taking out an item (something significant I don't know yet) 
12. Cut to medium shot of character in bed at night with the item
13. Shot counter shot of item, zoom in to a close up of the character 
14. Character falls into bed and lays on the side
15. High angle, close up of character looking sad 
16. Black screen and then title is displayed 

This outline will help me think about the scenes for my... storyboard!


No comments:

Post a Comment