Friday, February 18, 2022

Brainstorming Ideas

 The Nomad

Throughout the whole day, I was stuck on the idea for the film. Choosing a meaningful plot that is executable was the hardest part of the decision making because I want to make the production of the film as easy as possible for myself. I asked friends and family to brain storm ideas but had no luck. Possible ideas for the plot was either an immigrant settling in the US, a boxing film, or a film about the life of a person moving from places frequently. In the end, I decided on the moving from place to place idea because it connects to me the most out of them all. I want the film to represent the struggle of constantly making new friends throughout the years and finding your "true home". 


The film will represent the emotions of the main protagonist from moving to a new place and making friends, to leaving thus friends in only a matter of time. Not only does this film relate to me, but it will also relate to thousands of other kids or teens that undergo the same experience. For the film opening, I will use shots of moving boxes, car rides, airplane shots, airport shots, and multiple other shots to capture the emotions of the actor. 

Possible ideas for shots 
Although I am still an amateur at film making, I am very passionate about the project because it relates to me. Editing and executing the shots of the film will be very difficult for me. I am considering having close ups of boxes, then the parent opening the door to talk to the actor which will also introduce the main character. After, there will be a scene at the airport and the actor sitting, which will capture their emotions. Then there will be a shot of a plane lifting off from the ground. Finally, the ending of the opening will portray the actor  in a car ride looking out towards the window. The opening will represent the internal conflict the character has through the moving process once again and the physical moving process. Though this is the foundation of the plot, the plot will undergo various changes. 

This project will be a fun and exciting experience. Not only will I learn from this, but I will be able to put out something I am proud of. I will continue to do more research and planning before entering the production stage. 

Sources for Pictures:

Car: 1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment